wOBD v1.51 BETA
Download Windows® software for
ELM 32x based OBD2 converters, including the new 327. More info on necessary equipment can be found on our OBD2 Hardware page. More info on features below.
Please direct feedback about the software including bug reports, feature requests, comments to:
Also, please check out our mailing list, intended to help you to get more out of the software.
Online documentation, including screen shots
Download wOBD beta now
Version 1.51 beta release August 12, 2006
- Supports 38400 bps for new ELM 327
- bug fixes, misc user interface issues
wOBD Version 1.40 is the current production release
- Online documentation, including screen shots
- Check Engine - read and reset trouble codes/dash indicator lamp, view results of continuous/non-continuous
- Flexible data logging
- Poll Designer - Arrange, add, delete codes to your specifications. Ability to configure relative polling frequency,
(poll some codes more frequently than others) save or print configuration.
- Poll OBD2 - View min, max, and current values, configurable screen refresh, option to print results.
- Advanced User tools
- wOBD Explorer - For investigating vehicle OBD2 features, this screen allows freeform entry of
commands, conversion to decimal or octal, save or print your results.
- wOBD Scanner - For quickly looking through ranges of modes/pids, discovering specific model data, or looking
through alternate processors. Save or print your results.
Please read the following license agreement carefully.
By downloading, installing, copying, distributing, or otherwise using this software, you are acknowledging your agreement with the following:
This software is copyrighted. Werner Digital Technology, Inc. is granting a licensed for your use, not granting you the software rights.
Werner Digital Technology, Inc. reserves all intellectual property rights, and does not grant anyone the right for any
reason to distribute a copy of the software. All distribution of the software should occur solely at our website.
This software is provided as-is; to the extent permitted by law, Werner Digital Technology, Inc. disclaims all express or implied
warranties, conditions of merchantability, and/or fitness for a particular purpose. Werner Digital Technology, Inc. does not guarantee
support, availability of upgrades, or the continued availability of this version of the software.
In no event shall Werner Digital Technology, Inc. be liable for any consequential, indirect, or
incidental damages arising out of the use of or inability to use this software. Werner Digital Technology Inc.'s entire liability under
this license shall be limited to the price charged by Werner Digital Technology Inc. for the software.
You will only need one of the following zip files:
About MD5 checksum
- Full Install Zip file containing all necessary .dll and .ocx
(2.4Mb, MD5 checksum a047bd2c263045dd34be5842e1bd9d36 )
If you are unsure which link to use, this is your link
- Install /wo VB runtime Zip file full with MSVBVM60.DLL(SP5) excluded
(1.3Mb, MD5 checksum 9ece4830195dbdadefda23b4f903565f )
If you already have the above .dll, you can avoid the bulk of the download
- Install /wo support runtimes Zip file executable install only
(340Kb, MD5 checksum 6b394ec0063ed4bdfd283215e8b56e52 )
Only users with a full Microsoft Visual Basic ® v6.0 SP5 install should consider this option, it assumes
all .ocx, .dll, and .tlb files are already installed.
- wOBD.ZIP executable only
(99Kb, MD5 checksum e3e9437a32da5f6b03e1a185613e0649
Upgrade users only, no install, easiest way to run normal and beta versions.
It is important to verify that any executable downloaded from the internet has not been corrupted.
The MD5 algorithm will give a 'digest' value calculated
from the contents of the file. It is extremely difficult (if not impossible) to modify the file contents without
changing the MD5 digest value. To verify that the file has not been
corrupted or modified, use a program such as fsum to make sure the digest
value of the file you downloaded matches the published MD5 value above.
- v1.51 (beta, August 2006)
- adding support for new ELM 327
- v1.50 (beta, December 2004)
- beginning of new UI, includes some custom fixes
- v1.40 (general release, May 2004)
- user interface tweaks, remembering previous configs, etc.
- added additional support for serial to USB converters
- data logging
- save logging raw for future re-import
- save logging export for use in graphing, spreadsheet software
- save logging debug
- new DTC database screen for customization, import/export of codes
- utility to import data from text files
- utility to export data using various options into text files
- version number modified to fit new version control sys
- v1.03 (second general release, December 2003)
- online help, assorted user interface tweaks
- new scan screen to help find proprietary 'extended' data
- added header calculation screen on scanner
- improved error handling and support of ISO1941 vehicles
- add a command to start of polling for increased flexibility
- modified start page
- v1.02 (first general release, September 2003)
- implemented poll event scheduling, offset loop feature
- implemented freeform add code to poll designer
- removed default packed data mode to provide ELM v1.1 compatibility
- added save to file and print options for all screens
- added pull down menus and removed most buttons from screens
- added check from menu to disable unsupported codes from polling designer
- added color coding for reporting errors and unmoving values from poll data
- v1.01 (first beta version, August 2003)
- added poll designer screen
- added poll data screen
- expanded check engine screen to include continuous and non-continuous test results
- implemented packed data mode
- v1.00 (proof of concept, July 2003)
- wOBD Explorer and start screens to use for developing and testing